Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Second Planet Algol Campaign & Savage Swords of Athanor

While performing my usual post-work/walking the dog blog reading routine I was surprised and gratified to learn of a Second Planet Algol game!

I have been corresponding with Sean Wills, the auteur responsible for Bite the Bulette, regarding adapting his excellent Martian Skyship Rules for the upcoming Planet Algol booklet (which he very graciously allowed), and he had posted about a Planet Algol related project, but this still comes as a very pleasant surprise. I am also very pleased that his group used Savage Swords of Athanor * for the game, one of my intentions with the Planet Algol booklet is to not only present a weird science fantasy campaign setting but to also provide a rules options and supplements for weird science fantasy gaming, and I'm glad that others are finding Algol's "sister projects" similarly useful.

So to Two-Blade Leetha (Angalla warrior woman), Johnny Tupelo (Earthman (fighter), cowboy who may be dreaming the whole thing due to being cabbaged out of his head on peyote after capture by the Apache), and Uncle Lhubi (Kheruli magic user); shine on you crazy diamonds and may no shoggoths find you without a fully-charged gamma radiation pistol! And to Sean Wills: Thank you for finding my wacky creation a suitable venue for your campaign, may your players be able to laugh and start rolling up a new character when faced with the horrible death of a PC!


* I had opportunity this weekend to peruse a print copy of Savage Swords of Athanor and I am thoroughly impressed. Doug Easterly has expanded and refined the Athanor material previously presented on his blog into a complete and elegant package, and every page I perused made me want to adventure on Athanor!

2 comments:

  1. Cheers Blair, I loved DMing the setting, it's like rubbing the impossible to burst. It was a blast starting with a chase, they've made so many enemies already and it was like gaming on fast-forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad you enjoy it and find it useful! I guess this makes you and your players members of the Saucers and Sorcerers Society as well...

    ReplyDelete