Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thieves' % Check Idea

The player rolls the 10s die and the DM rolls the 01s die w/o the player knowing the result.

For games where you want the player to have part of the fun of making Thief % checks while still preserving some ambiguity.

3 comments:

  1. Something I've been experimenting with lately: The number on the tens die = degree of success on a 1-10 scale, with "0" =10. Thus succeding with a 42(4)is better than suceeding with a 23(2), and a 04(10) is better still. So a really hard lock might require a 3, if you get a 13 (1) on an assassination roll you kill the guy but accidently leave evidence,while if you roll a 07 (10) you get away scott free and they blame someone else, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Means the DM only has to.roll 10% of the time, since the other 90% it's obvious from the 10s digit how things will tirn out. Which I guess makes sense for a "too close to call" situation.

    @ Richard: seems a little odd way to do things. Why not just have the higher the roll the better the success as long as it's under the character's skill level?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No updates? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete