In true Gamer-ADD fashion, I've been shuttling between several different articles for first issue of the Jewel Throne, and here are some of the contents:
- "War...War Never Changes:" Wasteland & Fallout inspired equipment for Gamma World & Mutant Future.
- Cave/Lair Geomorphs: A set of 36 geomorphs for quickly assembling caves and lairs; they conform roughly to the Dyson Logos format, but not entirely...they don't always "play nice with others."
- Snake Men: Statistics for strictly Robert E. Howard style Snake Men of varying levels.
- Twenty Sorcerers, with statistics, details, backgrounds, personalities and spellbooks; their spellbook selection ties into the following.
- "Grammaree:" Twenty-odd Magic-User spells, inspired by Eldritch Weirdness (one of my favorite OSR products) and Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets. Incantations to become an iron colossus; raise a sunken ship for 1 day; know all of your target's shameful secrets; possess telescopic vision particle beams; curse a victim to slowly transform into an ape; summon a polyp of the upper vapors to serve as a flying carpet; and so forth. Some of these are inspired by my own Magic-User PC going "Fricking heck, why isn't there a spell for X so I can do Y!", others by the events of current and past campaigns, as well as fantastic literature. EDIT: Here is a list of the spells I am working on:
Become the Form of the Mog-Molarch
The Black Lasher
Black Vapours of Anthrophagic Fever
Call Servitor Polyp of the Upper Vapours
Curse of Lunar Possession
Exhale Cloud of Stinging Flies
The Eyes of Far Death
The Golden Spheres
Luminous Purple Mist
Mass of Serpents
Raise Drowned Vessel
Ray of the Ape Curse
Returning Missiles to Their Sources
Shaft to the Underworld
Shroud of Shining Shards
Speak With Cats
Swarming Leaves of Death
Uproot by Black Storm
The focus for this issue will be "material that can be immediately useful for GMs in a wide variety of campaigns." For possible future issues some of the ideas I'm considering include D&D-compatible Fighting Fantasy/Tunnels & Trolls style solo adventures and mini-rpgs such as "Action Movie D&D" (with random fire-escape determination tables and explicit rules for jumping from rooftop to rooftop ;D).
Also, JDJarvis has posted some great one-hour dungeon maps Here, Here and Here.