Saturday, September 4, 2010

Further Digest Sized Booklets & Support Your Local Independant Print Shop

The top of the two pictures shows both the Encounter Critical box set that Lester/B. Portly gave to me, and the two Lamentations of the Flame Princess booklets I had made for me at a local print shop. The second pictures shows my current collection of digest sized booklets, as well as my sleeping 200 year old black lab/pit bull and my dirty sneakers.

As I mentioned before, imagine the Rient-sian madness possibilities involved in randomly pulling booklets out of a stack of such digest-sized treasures to determine the contents of a campaign.

I still need to get digest sized versions of Exquisite Corpses; Empire of the Petal Throne; Arduin I, II & III; Necronomicon; Labyrinth Lord; Labyrinth Lord Advanced Edition Companion; Gamma World; Metamorphosis Alpha; Miscellaneum of Cinder; Terminal Space; etc, et al. One of the "holy grails" in my digest quest is an original edition Random Esoteric Creature Generator; I'd rather to have a small, portable copy than a bunch of fancy borders and Goodman Games Kobold clip art, not to mention that creepy mantis-deer-naked girl cover!

I visited one of my local, independent print shops to order to have the Lamentations of the Flame Princess books printed, and the gentleman also offered to fold and staple them for me! I found the rates very reasonable (far cheaper than buying my own ink cartridges!), the level of service exceptional, and I will definitely make a point of patronizing this fine establishment in the future (even if I can do a better staple job at home).

19 comments:

  1. Carcosa is one product I have not yet availed myself of, mostly because i'm a terrible prude.

    Time for me to grow up?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there is the expurgated version that has none of the naughty bits!

    I heartily recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The expurgated version is fine. The full-on version is a bit scary and can get a bit much sometimes. Still a helluva setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment I'm too poor to buy anything except food (and sometimes cigarettes) :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the X-Plorers with the illo from Revolts on Antares! Also, digest sized has become the only format I like to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha, another post with the Dirty Sneakers tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the EC box too! How did Lester/B make it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Satyre: Although the content can be horrific in places, I'm usually more traumatized by what I read in the news.

    @ Omlet: Aww man, you should write up a quick adventure and put it up for sale on Lulu!

    @ JRients: Only Digest-Sized is Real! So practical and portable.

    @ JGBrowning: I'll try to keep them coming ;)

    @ Il Male: He's a master at graphic design and printing; I'm not sure if he has access to the facilities he used to produce it, however.

    @ Dr. Rotwang: That's the box...a candy box with a glued on panel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue EC "book" is the box. I bought some digest sized candy boxes online and glued a label on.

    I raided the EC yahoo group's "fan art" files for the awesome picture of Thrazar that I used to make the graphic.

    Jeff - good eye! I did indeed scan my old copy of Revolt on Antares for the cover of X-Plorers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ B. Portly: Ahh, your awake...I guess there's no excuse for you being late for today's game..1 pm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your answers! Also, which font did you use for the Carcosa box? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Il Male - The font is called Eckmann - same one used in the Deities & Demigods Cthulhu Mythos section : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we get a link for the candy boxes? I'm also a freak for digest sized stuff. I have the S&W WB set, Caracosa, Savage Swords of Athanor, and eventually in an explosion of hubristic abandon, I'll release a digest sized book for The Metal Earth.

    P.S. I think I'm wearing the same sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1 Inch thick - http://www.prettypartyplace.com/sb-211.html
    2 Inch thick - http://www.prettypartyplace.com/sb-212.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Aos: We're some classy guy! Also: FUCKING AWESOME, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT BRO!!![/joesky]]

    ReplyDelete
  16. That EC boxed set is the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete