Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Freakin' Savage Swords of Athanor on Lulu and Digest-sized Boxes

Print Version
PDF Version

When I first started getting into the Old School Revolution/Weird Planet Fantasy/Blog scene, Athanor was one of the first sites I started obsessing about. It's author, Douglas Easterly, has been posting a cornucopia of valuable "weird planet fantasy" content on his blog that I'm always eager to read, and in many cases nick for my own campaign.

Needless to say I am inordinately gratified to see that the Athanor material has been compiled, revised, and made available on Lulu. I'm unsure what the differences are between the content in this publication and the previously unveiled Athanor material, but I am eager to find out!

So congratulations to Doug Easterly, and may we see many more releases for this quality game setting!

As an aside, Doug has also been gracious enough to grant me permission to use some of his material for the upcoming Planet Algol release. Thank you very much Mr. Easterly, have a great holiday and a wonderful new year!

also...

Two Piece Boxes, 9&3/8" x 6" x 1', perfect for digest-sized booklets (or candy)

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?c2p=hp&pn=BX1400&bhcd2=1261536087

http://www.prettypartyplace.com/sb-211.html

I know of you out there in OSR-land have been assembling sets of digest-sized booklets, thanks for Planet Algol Campaign participant Lester you can now get yourself a cute little box to hold you booklets and dice! I don't know how I'm going to fit all of the AD&D/OSRIC rules in 8.5"x5.5" booklets...

2 comments: